"The Grave's Defeat - Psm. 49:15", an Abstract Painting, part of the Psalm Series by Colorado Contemporary Artist, Susan M. Gibbons




"The Grave's Defeat - Psm. 49:15"

Encaustic on Cradled Board

12" x 12" x 1.5"

$500

Continuing with the Psalm Series, this painting incorporates ideas from the verse in the Psalms which states that the Lord would "redeem my soul from the power of the grave".  I used blues, greys, whites and iridescent silver to reflect the defeat of the grave.  The lighter colors at the top of the piece symbolize the victory while the lower portion of the work symbolizes the grave itself.  
Available at Royal Contemporary Gallery in Florence, CO. 

For purchase information, please contact Lisa at 

303-717-1977

or contact me at


To see more of my work, please visit my website at 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Uncomfortable Place

9-11-18

June 12, 2014