Crucifixion Meditation

6-3-19

I'm excited because I've been selected for the Alumni Artist in Residence at Azusa Pacific University in California.  It is an incredible honor and I'm so grateful for the opportunity.  I'll be working with the graduate students hosting a workshop, field trips, critiques, making and showing art.  It'll be a busy time, definitely! 

I'm working on new work for the show that will be up while I'm there.  I'm calling it my Crucifixion Meditations.  They relate in some degree to the Lamentation Series I'm working on currently too but these are intimate works - approximately 12"x12"x1.5".  I'm planning on having ten - twelve pieces created for the show. 

I've been working quickly with these pieces, meditating of course on the Passion of Christ for them, but working very fast.  They are coming out of me as fast as I can create which let's me be more spontaneous and less calculated with the works.  I prefer working this way.  It gets me out of the way so my intuition takes over. 

I've also have sketched out the designs before starting the creative process.  This is new for me as I typically don't do that but with these, the sketches came so naturally that I allowed the process to carry me with it and not overthink it.  I'm looking forward to seeing these pieces completed.  I'm hoping for a powerful show. 

I'm also thinking of pairing this series with the Psalm Series.  This series is quiet and contemplative which would be a good juxtaposition to the Crucifixion Meditations.  I'll see how it looks when everything is completed.  That's the plan at least! 

So, June will be a busy month!  I'm looking forward to the creativity that will take place and looking forward to sharing the work with the students and faculty of APU.  Until next time... be blessed!



Crucifixion Meditation


The Secret Place - Psm: 91:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-11-18

An Uncomfortable Place

June 12, 2014