'Close To Nothing', an Interpretive Art Work by Colorado Contemporary Artist, Susan M. Gibbons




'Close To Nothing'

Encaustic on Cradled Board

48" x 48" x 1.5"

$5000

This work is the final piece in the collaboration with Denver poet, Wayne A. Gilbert.  The poem's title, cadences and interstices - in black and white,  was based on my Interstice series.  This collaboration allowed me to revisit my former work and reinterpret it in a new way.  The piece features a deep, dark blue with pearlesque and iridescent colors within the white area.  A small stroke of yellow helps to separate the two contrasting values.  

For purchase information, please contact me at 


To see more of my work, please visit my webstie at 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-11-18

An Uncomfortable Place

June 12, 2014